Optimum Natural Foods
Welcome to our Web site.
This health blog provides simple guidelines if followed can help you to be fit and prevent diseases for people over fifty. Please consult your Family doctor/physician if you are ill and need medical advice. Go to websites below for additional information.
HEALTH BLOG :
- Workout every
day for at least 30 minutes. Include weight bearing exercises in your workout routine at least 3 days per week. Feel free to take a break on the weekends.
- Choose any activity you like such as walking, biking, swimming, aerobics or yoga.
If your work requires you to sit for long hours take frequent breaks by standing up and stretching your arms
Multivitamin/mineral supplements as we all live busy lives
foods in your diet. After all you are what you eat.
- Take Calcium
supplement for strong bones
- Cool down with Natural Fruit Juices and Herbal Teas
Drink as much
water as you can to prevent dehydration
natural sunblock/sunscreen lotion to protect from UVA and UVB rays
- Get at least 10 minutes of sunlight everyday. In Canada we have long winters so one needs to take Vitamin D3 supplement
- Do not skip breakfast as it gives you energy to work. If you are busy break an egg and add any vegetables of your choice after seasoning with salt and pepper to make a quick omelet. Egg has lots of vitamin D. As eggs are high in cholesterol , limit your intake to one whole egg per day.
- Be positive and enjoy life with family/friends.
USEFUL WEBSITE LINKS FOR MORE INFORMATION:
Health Canada -
Canada's Food Guides -
Physical Activity Guidelines and Canadian Sedentary Behavior Guidelines
Heart and Stroke Foundation-
Health and Bone Health -
Osteoporosis Canada -